Applies engineering expertise to develop and execute intelligent design solutions for our clients. The position requires a working knowledge of and how to design for all common manufacturing processes. Apply knowledge of mechanical engineering and scientific principles to develop, design, analyze, test, and validate solutions for complex mechanical systems and parts.
- Work as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary product team to develop solutions for various projects and applications.
- Develop complex mechanical designs, drawings, performance predictions and support briefings to management team.
- Perform related analysis (simple FEA) and classical hand calculations to determine if design meets functional / performance specifications and optimization of design.
- Work with structural analysis to verify loads and stresses before fabrication.
- Hold design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback.
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods and fixtures.
- Responsible for creating Project Summaries, Test Requirements, 3-D Models, and Part Drawings.
- Review and approval of manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability.
Education / Experience
BS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering. Master’s in Engineering a plus. Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.