Creo Mechanical Designer & Product Data/Lifecycle Management Administrator
Are you a designer/drafter with a focus on organization and documentation?
We are currently seeking an organized CAD & PLM Administrator to lead the deployment of Creo 6.0 with Windchill integration to a global engineering team. This would be a contract-to-hire position working on-site at our customer’s location. You would use strong knowledge and experience in engineering design, project management, knowledge of CAD (Computer-Aided Design), computer-aided engineering tools, PDM (Product Data Management), and PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) systems to support and improve the execution of product engineering projects. In collaboration with their key customers and our customer’s engineering staff, you would identify and develop the best approach to structure CREO capabilities to support engineering functions. By combining other system-level PLM considerations, you would be able to form a complete, system-level approach to establish a robust, well-integrated, and highly flexible/capable data structure bringing high value to the Program Life Cycle Management system.
In addition, you would deliver solutions to technical and strategic challenges in product development to improve product time-to-market and operation excellence, creating a competitive advantage using CAD/PLM tools and processes.
- Proficiency with PTC Windchill
- Familiarity with SolidWorks PDM Pro a plus
- Experience in administration of PTC Windchill (system upgrades, maintenance, troubleshooting, development, and user support and education)
- A.S. or 2-year technical degree in Computer Aided Drafting/Design or similar required.
- Proficiency with PTC Creo Parametric CAD package
- Familiarity with SolidWorks 2D & 3D packages a plus
- Willingness to learn new developments and industry best practices related to CAD/CAM/CAE/CMM/Digital Mockup as well as ongoing enhancements to Creo modules
- Ability to disseminate technical information and train users with various levels of proficiency
- Familiarity with engineering change orders (ECOs), general change management processes, BOM structures, and releasing items into production
- Familiarity with PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Experience with Arena PLM a plus
- Minimum of 3-5 years drafting / CAD experience
- Significant experience detailing and documenting complex electro-mechanical designs and assemblies
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering product development environment
- Machining and tooling-oriented background with knowledge in a variety of inspection methods
- Working knowledge of injection molded plastics and electro-mechanical part design detailing
- Knowledge of engineering stack-up / tolerance analysis
- Knowledge in Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME-Y14.5 1994-2009 standard
- Strong oral and writing communication skills
- Ability to work well within a small team focused on rapid delivery of results
- Passionate about continuously learning and able to quickly adapt in a dynamic environment
- Experience with Outlook, Excel, and Word, or their equivalents
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator a plus