Manage engineering staff and project management efforts for the company. Includes scheduling and completing engineering tasks on time and budget. Administer Engineering document control. Supervise, mentor and train subordinates. The Engineering Manager reports directly to the CEO.
- Produce the highest quality work possible in accordance with and offer suggestions for improving quality program.
- Help track job and shop cost by accurately entering information as required.
- Establish and maintain schedule for completing engineering on incoming projects.
- Work with structural analysis to verify loads and stresses before fabrication.
- Hold design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback.
- Design and detail tooling used for fabrication.
- Promote information exchange between shop and engineering.
- Ensure product manufacturability.
Education / Experience
BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent. Ten plus years design and fabrication experience plus 3 years sheet metal experience.