Applies mechanical design expertise to develop design solutions for our clients. The position requires a basic knowledge of all common manufacturing processes. Apply knowledge of mechanical design principles to develop designs and 3D CAD models and drawings of complex mechanical systems and parts.
- Work as a member of an integrated, interdisciplinary product team to develop solutions for various projects and applications.
- Review drawings for accuracy, material selection, proper machining techniques, finishes, hardness, etc.
- Hold design reviews and presentations among peers to gain design feedback.
- Create model of existing parts using precision measuring tools such as calipers and micrometers.
- Review and approval of manufacturing drawings to ANSI Y14.5M standards using GD&T for manufacturability and repeatability.
- Must be capable of designing components from sketches or verbal concepts.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Education / Experience
AA in Mechanical Design or related technical degree. Must be proficient with SolidWorks, certifications strongly preferred. Three to five years design experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.