Sr. Creo Mechanical Design Engineer (On-Location)
InterLink Engineering, LLC supports a wide variety of industries with a primary focus on product development, reverse engineering, and design support. Our capabilities allow for us to support our customers by either performing engineering tasks at our facility or at our customer sites as required.
We are currently looking for a wizard in mechanical design and engineering with experience 3D modeling with PTC Creo and electro-mechanical product manufacturing. You would be working as a part of a critical team ensuring life-saving technology can be manufactured reliably and consistently on-site at a large, local company in Scottsdale, AZ. This team consists of talented electrical, mechanical, test, quality, and manufacturing engineers to create exciting next-generation technology. As a contract-to-hire, this position is your ticket into a leading technology company with amazing benefits through a working interview, no elite school necessary.
- Design & develop creative solutions to complex problems
- Perform engineering analysis and testing to evaluate product & component durability, reliability, and performance
- Maintain & improve product design documentation such as CAD models, drawings, test specifications, analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of product design experience in high-end consumer electronic products
- Strong DFM/DFA skills, with emphasis on part/assembly tolerance management, to ensure robust designs for high volume manufacturing
- Knowledgeable in design of plastic injection molded part designs, electro-mechanical integration, adhesive bonded joints, metal stamped parts designs, die-cast part designs, and machined part designs.
- Proven ability to balance conflicting design constraints through analysis, testing, and creativity
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Experience preserving Industrial Design artistic intent in mechanical design implementation
- Experience with designing for high levels of dust/water ingress protection
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
- Proven success in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Proficient with Creo
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 7+ years experience with Creo
- Track record of applying FEA with correlated lab testing
Unfortunately, this contract position is unable to provide work sponsorship due to the potentially shorter time period.