Technical Writer (Manufacturing)
Celebrating our 17th year in the Phoenix area, InterLink Engineering, LLC supports a wide variety of industries with a primary focus on product development, reverse engineering, and design support. Our capabilities allow us to support our customers by either performing engineering tasks at our facility or at our customer sites as required.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Writer to produce high-quality Work Instructions on new and current vehicle products for Manufacturing and Production. Utilizing Dozuki to document, store, and maintain all work instructions, you may want to include drawings, videos, pictures, and step-by-step process instructions. This opportunity is a six-month contract role with the possibility of direct hire by this client or continued work through InterLink, based on performance. As the qualified Writer, you would work on-site at our customer’s location with the Manufacturing team where vehicles are heavily modified for accessibility.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the desired product outcome and current processes.
- Define and produce high-quality work instructions that are easily followed for new and current employees including a variety of accessible-friendly techniques.
- Use Dozuki to create and maintain the information architecture.
- Able to stand for long periods of time (Frequently)
- Able to communicate effectively in all media (Constantly)
- Proven working experience in technical writing of process documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Additional skills in Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience using Dozuki
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- BS in an engineering discipline
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing preferred
- Experience required: 2 + years